Today when we talk about Japan, we are often thinking about a totally crazy and offbeat culture. However, the country of the Rising Sun has a deep culture and history. The economic crises have given way to many emotionally charged abandoned places like Hospitals, houses, villages or amusement parks, we take you to the discovery of these places abandoned.
Jordy Meow is a French photographer from region of Arcachon. It was in 2007 that he settled in Japan came and developed a passion for photography. Later he published the book “Nippon no Haikyo” (Remains of forgotten Japan) for which he traveled across the country looking for photography of abandoned places. Often left intact as if time had frozen, these places reflect the lives of the people who lived there.
1. A hospital abandoned in 1998
2. An Ice cream shop located in the Japanese Alps
3. Namezawa Elementary School, in the Japanese Alps
4. The doctor’s house
5. The madhouse in Kanto
6. An abandoned house that was destroyed in May 2013
7. Hotel Maya in Kobe
8. Club striptease Yubara in Okayama
9. Royal House
10. Dodge WC-14, a car wreck abandoned in the mountains Yamanashi
11. An abandoned house in Kanagawa
12. The snow white clinic in Ibaraki
13. Hotel Kuroshio inn. the island of Awajima
14. Military base in Fuchu
15. Love Fuurin hotel in Chiba
16. House kimono Hoshino in Ibaraki
17. Minami Pachinko Shikoku
18. A ghost clinic in Shikoku
19. The Gunkanjima island, abandoned in 1970 and served in the filming of Skyfall
20. Nara Dreamland, an amusement park for sale since 2006
These places are full of history and we wonder why and under what conditions they were abandoned. Which of these places would you visit?