Now, LEGOs have been in use since several generations and you are perhaps those who still play with it today. We share with you 15 unusual information about this famous Danish brand!
1. In 2012, the company produced 45 billion Lego bricks
To reach the moon, a column containing 40 billion bricks would have been enough.
2. LEGO means “play well” in Danish (leg godt)
Funny coincidence, the word Lego also means “I assemble” in Latin.
3. There are very little military themes in LEGO
The founder Ole Christiansen has refused to promote the war with his toys. However, there are soldiers characters in themes Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Toy Story.
4. A range of LEGO toys is specially designed for professionals
LEGO Serious Play featured themes cost about 750 euros each. Employees of a company build these toys together in order to strengthen team spirit and management.
5. Between 1979 and 1981, LEGO distributed gold bricks to its long-time employees
Each brick was made of 14 karat of 58% pure gold and is now estimated at 15,000 dollars each.
6. Today there are about 4 billion LEGO characters
It is expected that they will exceed the human population by 2019.
7. LEGO is the largest tire manufacturer in the world
The company built more than 318 million tires annually.
8. The company has a secret room called Memory Lane LEGO
This is where copies of almost all parts LEGO that ever existed have been piled. Denmark has also the secure archive of over 4700 themes, protected against fire.
9. Master Model Builders are people paid to play with LEGO
To get this type of job in the company, candidates must build a complex model to a jury who will evaluate their skills.
10. LEGO Star Wars, the company’s first license
Since 1999, themes LEGO Star Wars are regularly created. There is even a full size X-Wing, consisting of 5.3 million bricks, made of 17,336 hours.
11. The first asexual characters were and had no arms, no face or removable legs
The figures on the left of the photograph is the first version of the characters LEGO that we know today.
12. There are 50 LEGO video games
LEGO video games began to emerge in 1997 and are available on all consoles.
13. There are over 915 million possible combinations for only six LEGO bricks
According to National Geographic Megafactories, the combination possibilities of LEGO are endless.
14. LEGO Taj Mahal is the largest product LEGO product marketed with over 5922 individual pieces
15. On average, there are 62 LEGO bricks for every person in the world
As for us, these facts only increase the prestige of LEGO and make it even more mythical brand! We never imagined that there were over 915 million possible combinations for only 6 of these bricks! And you, which of these facts has surprised you the most?