According to the World Health Organization, each year more than one million people die globally because of pollution. The main reason is the polluted particles in the air that enter the lungs and the blood causing respiratory, pulmonary and heart diseases. According to the health experts anything that is above 20 micrograms per cubic meter is considered hazardous for the human health. Many developed cities in the world achieve this average pollution. However, there are many cities in the world that have a pollution rate much higher than 20 micrograms per cubic meter. Here, we are listing the 10 most polluted cities of the world as mentioned by the business insider.
1. Ahvaz, Iran: 372 micrograms per cubic meter
2. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia: 279 micrograms per m3
3. Sanandaj, Iran: 254 micrograms per m3
4. Ludhiana, India and Quetta, Pakistan: 251 micrograms per m3
5. Kermanshah, Iran: 229 micrograms per m3
6. Peshawar, Pakistan: 219 micrograms per m3
7. Gaborone, Botswana: 216 micrograms per m3
8. Yasouj, Iran: 215 micrograms per m3
9. Kanpur, India: 209 micrograms per m3
10. Lahore, Pakistan: 200 micrograms per m3
We are really intrigued by this list. And we believe that its the high time that world must sincerely try to solve the pollution crisis. And you, do you know any other polluted city?